New Yamaha XSR 125 Confirmed For Launch In Europe| [HWN]
All-New Yamaha XSR 125 Overview
Yamaha has internationally premiered the SXR 125 in a neo-retro design.
Only a few days ago, the type approval of SXR 125 came out.
As soon as the type approval came out, the international media had given priority to the issue of new motorcycles being prepared for the market.
Looks & Design
The circular headlamp, rounded fuel tank design, and long flat seat contribute to the bike’s retro solid aesthetic.
The new motorcycle, inspired by Yamaha’s popular retro design, is inspired by the SXR155.
The bike is made on the same platform as the R125 and MT-125.
It has a distinct appearance and feels that will make it stand out on the street.
The Yamaha XSR125 is loaded with high-tech features and promises to deliver superior all-around performance.
The body panelling is minimal, with the underbelly revealing the engine, radiator, and other components.
A prominent engine guard can be seen, which adds to the bike’s rugged appearance.
The Yamaha XSR125 has a circular LCD meter with a retro theme. It features a contrasting satin black background with an outer chrome surround.
Aluminium brackets, a tuck and roll seat, and painted mudguards are just a few examples of premium detailing.
The cool looking decals on the fuel tank in a contrasting colour add to the bike’s sporty appearance.
Engine Performance & Specs
The new SXR will have a 125 cc liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine. Yamaha’s machine is currently used in the Yamaha R125 and MT125.
The engine will deliver 14.9 PS of power at a maximum of 10,000 rpm and 11.5 Nm of torque at 8,000 pm.
It is connected to a 6-speed constant mesh transmission.
The XSR125 has the maximum power output allowed for A1 category vehicles.
The engine is Euro 5 compliant and features advanced Variable Valve Actuation for optimal power and torque delivery.
Featuring disc brakes on both wheels, the motorcycle is built into Yamaha’s signature delta box frame.
It has a digital instrument cluster; all LED lights, front upside down the difference, rear mono-shock suspension.
Yamaha XSR125 colour options include Redline, Impact Yellow, and Tech Black.
Suspension & Dimensions
The Yamaha XSR125 has a solid and lightweight delta box frame.
The suspension system consists of 37mm USD front forks and a swingarm rear suspension.
Front and rear brake discs measure 267mm and 220mm, respectively.
The bike weighs 140kg, has a ground clearance of 160mm, and can carry 11 litres of fuel.
Date of Launch
Yamaha has stated that it will start selling the bike in the first week of June.
Will Yamaha XSR125 Launch In Nepal?
In Nepal, there is a high demand for sports-oriented 125cc motorcycles.
However, in Yamaha, the XSR125 is unlikely to be launched in Nepal and India anytime soon.
The Key Specifications of the new Yamaha XSR 125.
- Engine type: Liquid-cooled, SOHC, Single cylinder, 4-stroke Displacement: 124cc
- Bore & stroke: 52.0/58.6 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.2: 1
- Maximum power: 11.0 kW @ 10,000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 11.5 Nm @ 8,000 rpm
- Lubrication system: Wet sump
- Clutch type: Wet, Multiple Disc
- Ignition system: TCI
- Starter system: Electric
- Transmission system: Constant Mesh, 6-speed
- Final transmission: Chain
- Fuel consumption: 47 kmpl
- CO2 emission: 47 g / km
- Fuel system: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Frame: Diamond
- Caster angle: 26º
- Trail: 95 mm
- Front suspension system: Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø37 mm
- Rear suspension system: Swingarm Front travel 130 mm Rear travel 110 mm
- Front brake: Hydraulic single disc, Ø 267 mm Rear brake Hydraulic single disc, Ø 220 mm
- Front tyre 110/70-17 Rear tyre 140/70-17
- Overall length: 1960 mm Overall
- width 800 mm
- Overall height 1065 mm
- Seat height 815 mm
- Wheelbase: 1330mm
- Ground clearance: 160mm
- weight 140 kg
- Total oil and Fuel tank: Fuel tank capacity 11 litres/Oil tank capacity 1.05 litres