New 2023 BMW XM | Review| Price | Interior | Specs.
Table of Contents
2023 BMW XM – Overview
Consider the BMW XM for a moment. As potent, it is the most powerful BMW the business currently offers.
The XM wears an aggressive design with gaping kidney-shaped grille apertures, stacked tailpipes, and a slightly slanted roof that hints at a fastback layout, as seen in concept form.
A 644-hp plug-in hybrid powertrain receives juice from a twin-turbocharged V-8 under the hood.
About 30 miles of electric-only driving should be achievable with a fully charged battery, but the XM’s performance potential has grabbed our interest.
Design & Aesthetics
- The BMW XM has a highly distinctive and controversial design that is significantly different from other cars on the road.
- It boasts a daring and muscular appearance, with split headlamps that give it an aggressive and crisp look from the front.
- The X7 facelift follows a similar design language, with a prominent, bold kidney grille and horizontal bars influenced by motorsport.
- The car has a shark-like nose that is more in line with BMW DNA, with a highly aggressive front fascia and a massive air intake inspired by motorsport.
- The hood has multiple creases that emphasize air movement and look striking, with different trims available for the front end.
- Color choices include the blue hue of Marina Bay and the gold trim, highlighting the car’s luxury.
- The car’s side view is busy, with enormous 22-inch wheels, P0 high-performance tires, and a distinctive two-tone paint scheme.
- The car features a belt that spans the entire vehicle and a sculpted rocker panel in high gloss black.
- The appearance falls between an X6 and an X7, with a roofline that slopes down towards the back to improve aerodynamics.
- The car’s rear end is controversial and more so than the front, with standard door handles that have a glassy plastic appearance.
BMW has a solid track record in the area of safety.
- Standard equipment on the XM includes BMW’s Evasion Assistant, Driver Alertness Assistant, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Return and Steering Assist, and Speed Limit Monitoring.
- Driving Assistance Professional is an option offered by BMW.
- By adding this package, you can add semi-autonomous driving and traffic-based navigational aid to the XM.
Engine & Performance
- BMW has clear intentions toward electric vehicles.
- The XM will be the first plug-in hybrid M vehicle from BMW.
- The XM’s powertrain combines an electric motor with a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 mill.
- The V-8 engine produces 483 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque, while the electric motor produces 194 hp and 207 lb-ft of torque.
- The electric motor is powered by a 29.5-kWh battery with a usable 25.7 kWh.
- The XM’s total output is 644 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque.
- BMW claims the XM will do 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds, but it may be faster in testing.
- The XM has a top speed of 155 mph, but the M Driver’s package unlocks a V-max of 168 mph.
- Despite the performance focus, the XM will also offer about 30 miles of all-electric range.
- The XM’s hybrid setup allows for sustainable driving.
2023 BMW XM Price
According to BMW, the Label Red model will have a starting price of over $185,000.
BMW XM Interior Design
The materials used in the XM are less luxurious than those in the concept car, but they are still delicate in quality. Features include the upper portions of the instrument panel and door trim panels being trimmed in what BMW refers to as Vintage Mocha Merino leather. The XM has a two-row, five-passenger layout since the similarly sized X7 is the only vehicle that can accommodate three rows.
Inside the cabin, the seats are lovely and refined. Thanks to the use of Nappa leather, which has a worn appearance.
Further design features include:
- Diamond quilting.
- A textured Alcantara headliner with 100 integrated LEDs.
- Dynamic interior illumination for phone calls or pre-collision alerts.
- The dashboard of the BMW model features a big, curving display that runs the length of the dashboard until it reaches the passenger’s grab handle, which is connected to the center console.
- This display is the vehicle’s digital gauge cluster and onboard infotainment system.
- The iDrive rotary controller is located just to the right of the shift lever, allowing for easy control of the infotainment system.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are expected to come standard on the BMW model, allowing for seamless integration with smartphones.
- Other features expected to be included in the vehicle are a SiriusXM satellite radio, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and a quality sound system.
- Combining these features provides a high-quality and intuitive driving experience, making it easy for drivers and passengers to stay connected and entertained on the road.